Maybe you just graduated with your degree, or perhaps you are looking for a change of scenery. Get out your notebook and jot down these markets to explore first.
According to The Best Health Care Degrees, the top five cities for healthcare jobs are:
- Houston — The Texas Medical Center employs more than 73,000 healthcare workers and has the prestige of exceptional local teaching institutions.
- Philadelphia — While many of the jobs are pharmaceutical-related, Philadelphia is a hub of medical education and expertise.
- Baltimore — Opportunities in the public and government sectors make this a hot-spot for job searching.
- Boston — NIH-funded health programs make this (generally speaking) one of the most stable work environments, regardless which facility.
- Milwaukee — Healthcare system growth is what fuels this city into the top five.
Another slant on this is to look at the best overall states for healthcare jobs, including nursing positions. According to a MedCity News report, the best states to look for a job in this industry spanning the decade of 2010-20120 are:
- New York
As with any job hunt, you want to look in place where you would like to live. But these listings offer a wide range of locales that likely suit any personality or leaning. Be sure to share this blog with friends and colleagues. If you’ve discovered a “hot” city or state for hiring those in the nursing profession, comment on this blog to share what you’ve learned.